In November 2009 Paddy Power added a new arm to its operations in the form of a business to business service (“B2B”), which allows B2B partners of Paddy Power to offer fixed odds sports betting to their customers through a service managed by Paddy Power. We are actively looking for a small number of these deals with world class organisations. Paddy Power can offer a range of professional services depending on what partners require.
Apart from our own track record, the reasons to consider Paddy Power as a partner in fixed odds sports betting include:
- Sports product – we are market leaders in terms of the breadth of sports product that we offer, both on range of sports offered and the number of markets offered within each sport. In particular, the quality and breadth of our football and ‘Betting in Running’ product (www.paddypower.com/bet/live) gives us a significant advantage over our competitors.
- Pricing - Our stochastic approach to pricing, combined with having a team of expert sports traders, has enabled us to develop finely tuned sports trading models. Model based trading enables us to achieve consistently better margins than those achieved using traditional bookmaker’s methods.
- Risk Management – tight controls using numerous proprietary risk management tools ensure that we get high margins and minimise volatility in same. We are willing to guarantee minimum margins to our B2B partners who do not wish to be overly exposed to the financial risk associated with fixed odds sports betting.
- Trading Technology – we have developed a cutting edge proprietary trading platform which enables our trading team to cater for multiple partners through one interface with no latency issues. Service to partners is equivalent to the service provided to www.paddypower.com.
- Partner Technology solutions – we are flexible in terms of providing technology solutions to partners. We can provide a ‘White Label’ solution, a raw data feed or a variation on either of these depending on how much direct control partners wish to have. Our trading platform can integrate with multiple sports betting platforms used in the sports betting industry today.
- PMU - in November 2009 Paddy Power announced its first business to business deal in which it will provide the French horse racing pools operator (PMU) with sports pricing and risk management. PMU is the largest betting organisation in Europe with €9.3 billion of turnover in 2008 generated through 10,000 retail outlets as well as its remote sales channels.
For further information on Paddy Power’s B2B service please contact:
Head of B2B Operations
Direct line: +353-1-9021302